Saturday, August 28, 2010

And the Award Goes to...

I've been busy the last few days and haven't gotten the chance to blog about this...

The other day my husband was due to arrive home at any minute.  While I was wiping off L's face we heard the door rattle.  L became frantic to get away.  I held on because her face was so cruddy.  I can't even remember why. T got in the door before I was done wiping off her face.  L instantly broke into hysterical tears and made a break for it the second I let her go. She ran into our bathroom and slammed the door behind her.

Hearing that, T and I decided to just let her be and cry it out on her own. She doesn't always appreciate our presence while her "heart is breaking", as she's been known to say. We went about our business and ten minutes later we still heard her crying in the bathroom.  After a while we decided to go in and try to comfort her.  When we peeked out heads in we found this...

She was sitting in the sink while she watched herself cry! When she heard us she whipped her head around in surprise and smiled at us.  When she saw our astonished faces she swung back around and proceeded to cry again.  Expertly producing real tears at that!

Eventually she made her way out of the bathroom, wiped her face on her sleeve, and acted like nothing had ever happened.  "Who me?"

This one is destined for the stage!

PS- This will most likely be my last post for a few days.  I am taking some time off to spend quality time with the family before preschool.  Don't miss me too much!


No comments: