Friday, September 10, 2010


 The best thing about my chronic illness are the days when I don't feel as if it's actually here. The days when I almost feel "normal" again. I am in the middle of one of those days.  I usually pay for it, the next day, by doing way too much while I am feeling invincible.  But I usually consider it worth it. Today I am doing a little happy dance!

What a great day it's been so far.  The morning was fantastic with the beautiful weather blowing it's breezes through our house. We cut apart magazines looking for letters to make a letter book for L.  (She's making one at school and is not satisfied to wait til hers is done in the spring.  She needs one now!) Drop off at school was wonderful.  She practically shoved me out the door with the order to "hang up her bag and leave".  I also managed to fit in a grocery trip and de-cluttering of the house while I was at it. And now I am sitting her typing this and feeling like I could keep going with how I feel.

And the best is yet to come.  I'll be picking up L and shortly after the Grandma and Pap-pap will be coming to watch her for the evening.  T told me he is taking us out to dinner and a movie.  What a nice surprise date!  Which is made even nicer by knowing that I am feeling pretty good today.

I am sorry to anyone who may be reading this blog who is down or not feeling so well in one of their bad chronic illness days. I'm not trying to rub in my delight at this day. I think that I am sharing more to give you hope that your "normal" day could be coming for you soon too!  And when it happens I'll do a little happy dance for you too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are having such a great day!!!

-Cassie