Monday, September 27, 2010

Yawn



It's raining, it's pouring
And I want to be snoring!

It was a seriously long and fantastically awesome weekend for me! 

Saturday I spent the morning with T.  Our daughter was taken to a local parade with Grandma.  So we had a few hours to ourselves. The rest of the day (and night) was spent with my Mommy friends.  We went to a friends house and spent the night.  Our husbands were all great and watched our kids so we could have a night away.  We did absolutely nothing but talk and eat (and some hot-tubbing too).  It was soooo nice and unbelievably fun!! I didn't manage to get to sleep til three thirty the next morning. I ended up with only five hours sleep.  That doesn't sound too bad but, for someone who desperately needs sleep to actually survive on a daily basis, it wasn't enough.

I drove directly from my friends over to pick up my family.  We spent all day at a semi-local amusement park. L went on her first roller coaster.  Which she LOVED.  She's my little adrenaline junky! She rode so many rides that I lost count.  And I got so many photos of the fun she had.  My favorite part was watching her go on the kiddie bumper cars for the first time. She had no concept of how to do them and ended up going in circles over and over again. I laughed so hard my face hurt while watching her.

I came home dragging my body through the doorway.  I made myself go to bed early last night.  This morning I woke up to rain, which made me want to stay in bed all day. And I can honestly say that I cannot wait til I can go to sleep again. But this weekend was sooo worth it!!!!

No comments: