Tuesday, December 4, 2012

What Am I Thinking?!?

Photo Credit

Have you ever had one of those moments when you are doing something, and literally, as you are doing it your brain is screaming at you? What? Are? You? DOING??

Yup. I've just had one of those moments.

I've just signed up for my first ever 5K. Yes, you read that right.

In my defense I plan on walking the whole thing. With a couple of friends who know about my health issues and will be completely supportive.

And it's for a really good cause. The library in our town has lost all it's budgeted funding for the coming year. So the town has decided to have a Reindeer Romp to help raise money for the library. See? Good cause! I love reading so I would hate to see the library close!

When I was first reading about this I completely disregarded it because of my health. However, after seeing that I am walking almost two miles, at work, every day I decided to try and go for it. Fortunately, the route is through mostly flat road according to their pdf info. So, hopefully, I will have no problem and sail through this with no issues! Fingers crossed, that I don't collapse pitifully along the route somewhere and that I can stay warm enough in the middle of December.

Another reason for doing this is

I am hoping that this will be a lot of fun with quite a bit of holiday cheer involved. Which is very possible with the two other ladies that are going to be walking with me!

I'll keep you posted!



No comments: