Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sjogren's Syndrome Takes a Back Seat

There is a very specific time/s in my life that Sjogren's takes an enormous back seat. The times when my sassy spirited six year old, who generally acts like a little butterfly fluttering from one thing to the next giving her own brand of intensity to each new thing she's involved in, turns into my sad snugly little sick girl.

I instantly stop noticing my twinges and pains and go into hyper-aware-of-every-cough-my-girly-lets-out-mom-mode. Minutes are used up feeling her forehead for the tenth time to see if her temp has dropped. Her favorite toys and blankets are brought for her to be "snug as a bug in a rug".  Slurpee runs are made and chocolate chip cookies are popped into the oven.

This is in no way different than any other moms adventures when their little loves are sick. However, in those quiet moments, just after L has been laid in bed for the night and I sit down to finally just breath I realize how I feel. Somewhere between picking up her lovey for the third time, and carrying her up the stairs with her head snuggled up in the crook of my neck I feel as if I've ran a marathon. A big ol' mom marathon. And my body HURTS!

This Mama's bed is calling her name!!!



No comments: