Monday, March 11, 2013

Give up the Funk



Forgive the video. It's a little self indulgent but I just had to add it to this post! See if you don't start dancing in your seat at some point while listening to that song and reading!! Betcha you can't.

I have been in flare and funk mode for a month or two. It's usually every January and February which happen to be the coldest and dreariest months here. And while it wasn't as bad as it's been at times it's still no fun.

Oh, I was still taking part in life. After all, as one of my other recent blog posts explained, Motherhood doesn't stop because of a funky-flare. And it didn't keep me from laughing and having fun. There was just a roof to how much I enjoyed things. Imagine Alice in Wonderland. She ate a cookie and grew and grew. But she got stuck in the house. With the roof being there she could only grow so much more. I felt like her, metaphorically. I could only enjoy things so much.

What's turning things around? Well, I think there's been more sunshine in PA recently and there's also the fact that spring is peaking right around the corner at me. What that means? I'll be posting more on my blog and good ol' FB! Yay! Don't everybody cheer at once! :o)



2 comments:

annie said...

Hi Kristen,
glad to hear you're doing a little better. Coincidentally, I've also recently started the restasis, going on my 3rd week now. I sometimes feel like my eyes have more lubrication, so maybe there's hope. I was told at my opthalmologist's office, it may take up to 4 months to really see the results. Hoping that something will work for us!

Blogger Mama said...

Oh that's good to know! Thanks for passing that info along Annie. :o)