Saturday, March 16, 2013

Long Day

My day, yesterday, in pictures...

It started with this.... L's school had a mini THON day at school. They danced through out the day to raise money for the families of children with cancer. She was so excited to be doing something so fun and earning money for the charity.
This happened right after lunch, during recess, which sent us running for the Emergency Department....

 The next couple of pictures took place, courtesy of L, while we were waiting to be seen in the ED....
 Apparently, these blue gloves were fascinating because I found at least six
shots of these on my phone later in the evening.



See? I told you these blue gloves were fascinating!


And this is how we ended the day, four hours later.... With a big ol' goose-egg, two stitches in the shape of a T, brush burns on her nose, and a soon-to-be-black-eye.  My poor girly was horrified by just about everything involved with this trip. With the exception of the Sponge Bob they turned on TV for her and the gifts they sent her home with. Yes, I wrote "gifts" correctly. Apparently, blue gloves, a syringe squirter, and a mermaid bath toy make it all better for this girly. For this mama? Not so much. This ED adventure combined with two other bad events this week have my heart hurting a little.

What a loooong day we had!






2 comments:

Julia said...

What a cutie L is!! I love the mom-and-dad-in-the-er-cubicle pics. Sorry for her owie but glad you were there to make it all better.

Blogger Mama said...

My girly could never make her ER visits mundane! lol