Thursday, March 7, 2013

Restasis

I've been on Restasis for a few weeks now. While it's too soon to tell if it will really make a difference, I would like to say that I think my eyes may be staying lubricated a little bit longer. I think. I guess only time will tell.

The plus side is that I have only had one side effect with the eye drops. So often medicines come with lists and lists of possible side effects that it's almost a waste of time to even be on it. I had done some research prior to starting Restatis because I don't feel well about going on a new medicine without reading up on it. There were some accounts from patients stating that Restasis ended up being uncomfortable for them to use. I was a little concerned but, happily, the only side effect I have encountered is a funny taste in the back of my mouth about ten minutes after administering the eye drops. It's a little off putting but VERY manageable!



No comments: