Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Understanding

Photo Credit
 When speaking with "healthy" people I always feel the need to be apologetic when explaining my illness. So it is so refreshing to hear from or speak with fellow Sjoggies. Rather then feeling sympathy from the person, I am speaking with, I get understanding from them.

I had breakfast with a friend the other day. And while she doesn't have Sjs she does have some other autoimmune issues. We spent our time talking about our gripes and completely understanding each other. It was so energizing! Looks like these witches are having that kind of conversation too!



1 comment:

AutoimmuneGal said...

Understand what you mean about apologizing when explaining your autoimmune issues. I am careful not to bore my healthy friends talking about my illness even when they ask. It is definitely refreshing to hang out with others who really "get it". Glad you had some time with a fellow spoonie :).