Friday, May 24, 2013

Stubborn

Hello, my name is Kristen, and I am a stubborn lady. Stubborn to a fault at times. Stubborn, stubborn, stubborn. Like, sit in the rain and get wet because I said I was going to eat a picnic lunch outside, kind of stubborn. (And I passed this trait onto my girly, but that's a story for a whole other blog post.)

Quite a lot my stubborness gets me through my rough days with Sjogren's Syndrome. I get determined to not let it ruin the plans I have made and then I grit my teeth and do whatever it was that I was planning on doing. It drives my husband nuts!

I have hit a flare the last few days. I think due to the fact that the weather went from the damp sixties, to the humid nineties, and now it's suppose to be in the fifties today. My body is going "What the...What?!".

This is not something I can stubborn my way through. I just have to sit back and ride through it. I'd like to pout about it. Instead I will try to think about how this is teaching me, even further, that I can't control everything and just force my way through things. Sometimes I need to just sit back and find pleasure in the little things while I can't enjoy the big ones.



No comments: