Saturday, June 15, 2013

Lesson

My desperation to make a day that was "the boring-est time in the entire-est world ever" turned into an easy lesson in air pressure and vacuum properties with an egg and empty soda bottle. Saved. My. Day! Not exaggerating at all.

Here's a video we made to show you how fun it was.





 I would recommend having your kiddos squeezing the bottle if you have arthritis in
your hands at all. They will have a blast, even if you don't have arthritis. This, seriously, gave me an hour's break when I combined this neat little trick with various kitchen items found in our house. We added sugar and food coloring to see what would happen.


** I also want to add to be sure that you keep your kiddos from eating the raw egg and wash their hands thoroughly once they are done playing with the eggs. Even though the risk is small there is a chance that you could be dealing with salmonella without making sure you clean up everything (including your kiddos) afterwards.



No comments: