Thursday, June 20, 2013

Surprise!

Something that's high on my list of "Things I have previously taken for granted"?  My right pointer finger and all the joints that are included in that.

My pointer finger joints are inflamed, hot, and sooo painful. I never realized, however, just how much I actually use that finger. Until I couldn't button my pants, open a jar (or anything really), color, write, type normally on the computer (I am "hunting and pecking"). I can't do anything that I would like to be doing thanks to this finger. Cleaning? Not even happening. So many things fall to my husband already, with my health, it's just eating away at me that so much more is falling on him at the moment because of my stupid finger!

I'm more or less taking Aleve and attempting to use the finger as little as possible until I see my rhuemy, at my next appointment, in the middle of July.

Sigh. Ya ever feel like you just can't keep up? Just about the time I think I have things figured out my body decides to throw something else at me.

Ok, I'm done whining now, I'm off to do my grocery shopping with my six year old. Exercise in futility anyone? Ha ha ha



No comments: