Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Deconstructing

 I wrote this post last summer. I have absolutely no idea why it never got posted. So I am posting it now since this still applies...

Usually, when I am looking for an activity for L to do it's something that she puts together. Something that she glues, tapes, staples, etc, to make art of some kind. This time I decided to let her deconstruct something. I gave her an old hair dryer (that was broken) to take apart.  She spent over a half hour with the "project". She unscrewed things, pried pieces apart, cut wires, and pulled off buttons. I think it delighted her to be allowed to break something for a change. Once she was done the hair dryer was a forlorn naked version of itself.

I'll have to keep an eye out for more things for L to take apart.





No comments: