I don't remember how we got started on the subject but L and I decided to start an experiment on erosion. So I got on my trusty apron... And collected some dirt from our yard.
Then I added some water to make it nice and muddy.
I made a line in the mud to encourage some "erosion action" once we got to the experiment.
Once it had dried enough we ran water, from the faucet, over the dried mud to see what would happen. Look at those lovely erosion patterns in that picture! Perfect example!
And of course the experiment needed to be attended by a princess! Then our erosion fun turned into a muddy mess. :o) No surprise there!