Thursday, July 18, 2013

Sicky

My girly has been sick for the last few days. It started Tuesday afternoon with a cough. Then a fever decided to come and party with it Tuesday evening as well. I am not exaggerating when I say that between hearing her cough and having her call for us, we were probably woken up every hour on Tuesday night. I, honestly, felt like I had a newborn in the house. Poor baby girl was just miserable! And I felt horrible for her. I really did! In that oh-I-want-to-take-your-sickness-for-you-kind-of-way that moms have. Long about six o'clock on Wednesday morning I was just done. So we resorted to movie time and dosed for a little bit.

Now, I know this will come as a complete shock to you but, that was So so so not enough sleep for me in one night! So I started out that day with a deficit of energy and sleep.

And, of course, Wednesday happened to be the day that L planned to go stay at her grandparents for some cousin time and a sleepover. So she was devistated. Which I get. So we tried to go along with things for the day to help her feel better. I hit my limit at dinner time when I told her that she had to eat the peanut butter and jelly that was leftover from the lunch on the previous day when she decided that she didn't want to eat it, and of course she didn't want to eat it for dinner either. So the convo went pretty much like this...

"Mama, what's for dinner?"

"The peanut butter and jelly, and........."

"No!!! I can't eat that sandwich!"

"Why?"

"It's jelly!"

"What's wrong with jelly? You like jelly!"

"Um, it's smushed too, and I don't like that."

"Nice try. What kind of fruit do you want with it?"

"Jello fruit?"

And, of course, we're all out of it!! And the whining ensued.

"Okay, I'll take applesauce. But.... I'm not really that hungry so...."

"So.... that really means that you'll eat the all applesauce, a bite of the peanut butter and jelly, and then say your full?"

"Yep. Sounds about right!"

At that point, I threw my hands up in the air, yelled to the sky, "Whatever!", and gave in. Sometimes, a mama just has to pick her battles. Especially after she's hasn't had more than two solid hours of sleep all night and a miserable kiddo.









No comments: