Sunday, November 10, 2013

30 Days of Thankfulness 1-

I've decided to take part in the 30 Days of Thankfulness on my personal facebook page. I may add it to my SjoggieStAHMer facebook page as well. I want to do this because I feel like so much of our lives, as chronically ill can be spent thinking and obsessing over the negative things in our lives. And I'd like to think about the positive for a change. So, periodically, I think I'll add a post about my 30 Days of Thankfullness headlines.

My first few days were...

#1 I am thankful for an amazing opportunity to teach my girly that there's more to life than the "Me attitude", by having so much fun mentoring our Milton Hershey girls.

#2 I am thankful that a simple piece of cardboard and some toys (that she hasn't played with in forever) will keep my girly's imagination going for hours! :o)

#3 I am NOT thankful for the time change. However, I am thankful for my crock pot which allowed me more time and energy to deal with my cranky little girl! lol

#4 I am thankful for laughter. Something so simple can change your mood in a moment. :o) I delight in my daughter's quirky sense of humor which makes me laugh every single day. And I am even thankful for laughter when my husband and daughter know how to make me laugh, when I am mad, so they are no longer in trouble.

#5 Since it's my brother's birthday, I will say that I am thankful for him. Quirky and always marching to his own beat. I am thankful that he is building a relationship with my girly even though he lives all the way in Florida. I love that we can video chat with him.  

#6 I am thankful for caffeine and chocolate, which appears to be the only thing that helps me "go to my happy place", some days, while raising a strong willed child. :o) 

#7 In case it wasn't obvious yesterday. lol I am thankful for the great teachers Lorelei had/has. :o)

#8 I am thankful for such amazing parents, both mine and Tim's. They are there, for us, at a moments notice. We are very lucky that they live so close and that we have such great relationships with them. And Lorelei is incredibly lucky to have the opportunity to make so many great memories with both sets of grandparents.
 


#9 I am thankful that I have learned (through the last year) that living healthy is much better than being skinny! Because a skinny person can still be unhealthy, and what the scale says doesn't determine how much muscle tone you have. We've learned the value of cooking without most of the boxes of sides and preservatives. Also, not cutting foods out of my life completely, but choosing healthier foods after an indulgence. While I'm obviously not at the lowest weight I have ever been in my adult life I am at my healthiest (not including my health issues lol) and that makes me happy. :o)  



No comments: