Monday, November 18, 2013

New solution?

I had a visit with my rheumatologist last week. It was an appointment filled with mixed feelings. One of the new things that she would like me to try is to not use Ambian every night.

Before I started taking Ambian I felt as if I never got a solid night's sleep. I never had too much difficulty going to sleep but I couldn't stay asleep to save my life. I tossed and turned all night long. I never felt like I got much restful sleep at all. I was always tired and felt my energy levels going steadily downwards.

Fast forward to current day and my rheumy has decided that I should try to not use the Ambian all the time. Instead I should double up on my Gabapentin, at bedtime, and see if that could help me at night time instead. I did this Saturday night and was less than impressed with it. Taking two of the pills leaves me feeling as if I have the flu. Which, isn't such a big deal since I go to sleep then. It did make me sleepy but I woke up all night long tossing and turning. The next morning I woke up feeling exhausted, slightly dizzy, and a little tipsy. I felt like I had one too many glasses of wine. This sensation stayed with me til about noon. It was pretty hard for me to go to church like that so I just can't see actually working, on a weekday, while feeling like that.

I am not at all certain that this will be my new solution to helping me sleep. Though, I am willing to try it again.



No comments: