Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Making Snow Cones Out of Snow

So much of our country is covered in snow right now. I am beginning to despise this fact! (Especially when I can't even walk my girly to the bus stop without having to walk into the street. :o( ) I am ready to have a temper tantrum I am so sick of this snow!

With that in mind I decided to find some fun (and yummy) things to do with all this snow. And with snow coming to our area on Wednesday night (with the weatherman, once again, not knowing how much we'll actually be getting) I will be taking advantage of these ideas for sure!!

Photo Credit
Make Snow Ice Cream! 
Yum! Here is a link to Gimmesomeoven.com who has a really simple recipe to make some.


Photo Credit
Make Snow Candy!
Great Ideas has instructions about how to make maple candy with the help of snow. If you click the link it'll take you to it.

My girly and I have made something similar in the past. I melt some butter, light corn syrup, and brown sugar in a pan until it was completely mixed together and then poured it in the snow. It ends up tasting something like a caramel. Mmmm...

Photo Credit
Snow Snowcones!
Sounds good to me! Solofoods has some yummy looking recipes for snow cone flavorings. I think I would be likely to just add greneadine to the ones we made. And maybe a little "splash of something extra" in Mama's snowcone.  *wink wink*

Snow Painting
Grab a cookie tray, fill it with snow, and pat it down. Repeat one more time. Find a spray bottle in your house. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. I've even stooped to emptying out the last bit of window cleaner out of it's bottle, and washing it very well, to use in crafts that are not edible. Fill the water bottle with water and add your kiddo's choice of food coloring. Let them spray the snow with it. Lots of fun!

Snow Volcano!!
This just looks like SOOO much fun to me and I honestly can't wait to try it with L! All the instructions can be found here at Growingajeweledrose.



No comments: