Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Shelf

 
I had to share this picture with all of you. I've gotta say I am so proud of myself for this realization. This is one of my pantry shelves. And not really even a full shelf as there's a big ol' box filled with a punch bowl set taking up the left hand side of the shelf. So, it's more like half a shelf. Half a shelf of processed foods, that I use for the dinners, in my house (not including random various things in my fridge). Half a shelf people! 

I know that some of you are thinking, "Come on. Who cares? No big deal!". Yeah I guess not if you are just looking at it from an outside perspective. However, I'd like to share that up til two years ago every single meal in my house had some type of processed food in it. Which my body does not handle as well as the fresh-from-the-fridge-type-foods. 

Don't get me wrong I still used the easy boxed sides and such. Because, some days it's just easier if we're all in a hurry to get somewhere. And, yeah it's a whole lot easier on the budget to not shop solely on the outside of the grocery store, so there are still times I bust out the good ol' box of kraft mac and cheese if money is tight. But most days I make dinner from scratch. And I'm pretty proud of myself for that. :o)

No comments: