Saturday, April 26, 2014

Back in the Saddle Again

I had a visit with my rheumy, Dr. A, the other day. We decided I needed to go back on Meloxicam again, due to the swelling, pain, and stiffness in the knuckles of my pointer finger (and is slowly "spreading" to my middle finger as well).

I have mixed feelings about this medication. One one hand (he he yes, pun intended) I love how well it works! Within the two week period that I am on it it seems to completely erase the issues I have in my hand. On the other side of things after I take the medication I end up feeling a little bit like I have the flu. I feel sluggish, very brain-foggy, hot and chilly at the same time, sleepy, and cranky. A veritable joy to be around. Ha!

Thankfully God has blessed me with an incredible husband and daughter who know it's just a short phase we'll go through and we're "all good"!