Monday, May 5, 2014

Ponderings

"Think of what you have rather than of what you lack. Of the things you have, select the best and then reflect how eagerly you would have sought them if you did not have them."
- Marcus Aurelius


This is a great thought to keep in mind. Sometimes it can be hard to focus on the good rather than the things that are troubling you. Things that crowd your thinking and can seem like a thunder cloud over your thoughts.

There's always a way to find something positive even in the worst things in your life. It's a way of thinking. Of living. Again, not always easy to do, but brings infinitely more joy or satisfaction to your every day.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am behind on reading bogs. I like this post It's hard looking at the positive especially with Sjorgren's bc there's seems to always be a negative. I've been down and out for the last month Sick going back and forth to the doctor and it seems like friends have disappeared. Some days I feel lonely and just want a friend to talk with but the seem not to be there. The ones you thought would be there to the end. I am thankful for my family and when my kids come and just hug me for no rea so that means a lot. We have to treasure all the moments we get.

Blogger Mama said...

I'm sorry you're having such a rough time of it right now. I hope things get better for you. Holding onto the little things, like kids hugs, and sunny skies can REALLY make a difference.