Sunday, June 29, 2014

Brain Fog Burn Out

It's been forever I've posted. Partially (a very small amount) because I haven't felt "heard" lately. But mostly because I feel like life has been pretty crazy in the last six months and I've been putting all my energy into myself and my family. So,  promised to be better at posting!

I don't often have brain fog. I try pretty hard to avoid it by not taking on too much at once. I've gotten fairly good at knowing my limits now. However, sometimes it just comes on me without warning or having done anything to have brought it on. When that happens all bets are off. You can just forget about me functioning in my normal fabulously efficient way. Just, pooof, gone! Then I turn Sjoggie Stupid and I'm not good for anything beyond sitting somewhere watching the trees sway, in the breeze, with a pleasantly confused look on my face. And it makes all of my common sense completely disappear on that breeze blowing through those trees!

In the last year our schedules have gotten insane. Soccer practices here, pick up a snack for school, "teacher needs me to bring in some wipes", the dog needs to go to the groomers, "Hun, did you get me that hummus at the store?", "Did I forget to tell you that they said I'm supposed to wear that t-shirt, the one that's all wrinkly waiting to be washed, tomorrow to school?", and doctors appointments there. Oy! I have about a zillion things covering my kitchen walls and counters as reminders. There may or may not be a napkin covered in birthday party info, laying on my kitchen island. I also have EVERYTHING in my phone, activated to set off a reminder at an appropriate time before an event. I would be lost without my phone's calendar!

One of my biggest anxieties at the moment is forgetting things because brain fog sets in. Dropping the ball. Most of the time it really wouldn't be a big deal if I forgot something. But I have a fear of letting people down, by me forgetting something.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

At one point I didn't think brain fog was real until your sitting in a meeting and your boss ask you a question and your like huh! I have a written calendar, my phone calendar and now I make list. With two very active boys me as a Moma have to stay on top of it. I do not want to drop the ball when it comes to them. It's so hard but I try my best.

Julia Oleinik said...

You've described brain fog so well:

"Then I turn Sjoggie Stupid and I'm not good for anything beyond sitting somewhere watching the trees sway, in the breeze, with a pleasantly confused look on my face. And it makes all of my common sense completely disappear on that breeze blowing through those trees!"

So, so true.

Hang in there!

Blogger Mama said...

Thanks for the commiseration ladies!! :o)

Christina said...

I get brain fog often and when you work in accounting, well let's say it doesn't go together! Love your blog!

Blogger Mama said...

Thanks for reading, Christina! :o)