Monday, February 2, 2015

The Shining

Recently, I decided to be a little bit more relaxed and just give in to my hair's natural wavy/curliness.

I got some great new product for it that's supposed to encourage curl. I love the name. "Not your Mothers Kinky Moves". Yep. You read that right!!

Besides the delightfully sassy name, it smells downright delicious. So good I'm slightly tempted to eat it when I am half asleep and attempting to blow dry my hair in the mornings!

My 8 1/2 year loves it too. (The 1/2 is apparently a VERY important distinction to make!) The other morning, every time I turned around I found her standing behind me. Standing there all what-I'm-not-doing-anything like. Sorta like those creepy red rum girls in The Shining movie. If I turned back around I would hear her trying to quietly sniff my hair on the down-low.

If this alone were the creepiest thing she did, before school, we would have been good!

As we were snuggling on the couch I caught my girly leaning closer and closer to me every time I snuck a peak of her out of the corner of my eye. I mean, I was one hot second away from screaming, "Here's Johnny!", at her and running for the door. I didn't think she'd fully appreciate the reference though, so I just looked at her and attempted to give her a sweet mommy smile.

In response to this she picked up a strand of my hair, shoved it against her nose, and sniffed it like she was trying to sniff all of the smell out of it. And leave my hair with no smell. At all. (Which, incidentally, would be really weird!) Then she gazed at me with the most loving expression and said, "Mama, I love the smell of your hair so much that I want to rip some of your hair out of your head and carry it around in my pocket all day long and pull it out and sniff it whenever I want. That's how much I love it!".

I was so thrown off by what she said that I just sat there and blinked at her for a few seconds before calmly asking, "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?". Then she giggled at me and continued to watch TV as if it had never happened.

So, I wanted to share this because I know that it's an amusing little story to make you smile today. But also, if I go missing check with my daughter first!




No comments: