Monday, March 23, 2015

See a Need Fill a Need

A friend of mine took up knitting. She showed off a cute pair of fingerless gloves on Facebook. It got me thinking, I could really use a pair of those!  Oooh with a pocket to slip my Hot hands packs into. Only it needed to be a pocket in the palm of my hand instead of on the top of my hand so I could warm my fingers up too, if I needed it. Now that would be amazing for my Reynauds!! (Which you can read more about here.)

So I did an internet search and couldn't really find anything that fit what I wanted. Okay, yeah I was being picky, I'll admit. I had a certain thought in mind and just couldn't find anything to match it. So, I decided to get crafty and see what I could come up with.
I started with a scrap of leftover fleece that I had laying around the house. I measured my hand and arm and cut two strips.
Next I simply sewed the two longer sides together.

And there are my fingerless "gloves"! They reach down my forearm and can slide up to cover my hands if I need them to.

I can even fold them over to slip one of my Hot hands in to sit over the palm of my hand. Perfect!!!

1 comment:

Rita said...

Hi,

Your gloves are awesome! I love that you had that material on hand. I try to keep lots of craft supplies around to keep the kids busy!

For anyone not so crafty, these might be ok.
http://www.wristies.com/Heated_Wristies_s/77.htm

I have a pair but without the warmer so I can't say how well these work.

Take care!