Monday, May 4, 2015

Oops I Did it Again

I spent a good part of my Saturday outside this weekend. My Little had a soccer game that ran over and then we spent some time putting together a swing for our back deck. Thanks to that I've officially gotten my oh-yeah-my-medicine-makes-me-burn-like-nobody's-business-and-now-I've-learned-my-lesson-for-the-summer sunburn.

Ordinarily a sun burn can be really annoying to a person. Unfortunately, I get the sunburn with the additional issue of dealing with neuropathic pain that runs along the places that are sun burnt. It feels like I have volts of electricity running under my skin when I have been burnt. Similar to the unpleasant sensation you feel if you would stick your tongue to a nine volt battery.

Needless to say I will be using lotion til fall now.

In the mean time don't mind the smell people, that's just me slathered in aloe!



2 comments:

Julia Oleinik said...

Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow!!! Feel better soon!

Blogger Mama said...

Thanks, Julia! I'm feeling MUCH better now!