Friday, October 16, 2015

Love


Guys, it's been forever!! Crazy long time! I spent the last part of the summer soaking up all the time I could with my girly before it was over. 

Once school started I went back to work in the school's cafeteria. This year my body hasn't acclimated as well as it has in the past with all the walking and moving. Energy levels have been pretty low for me, which has kept me resting a lot more on the couch than I've been accustom to lately. My joints have not been happy with me and I've developed bursitis in my shoulder from the repetitive movements my job requires. My rheumatologist gave me a shot of Cortisone in my shoulder which worked wonders for me! And now, for the most part you are caught up with the basics that I haven't had the time or energy to share with you recently.

A big part of my life in the fall is soccer. My girly plays at least one game every weekend. In the past year I have become highly sensitive to the cold due to my Reynaud's Disease. Fortunately up until now it's been fairly warm to be outside. Now it's beginning to get chilly in the mornings in Pennsylvania and I am having a harder time keeping warm. I feel absolutely ridiculous because I am bundled up in scarves, hats, and gloves already in 50 and 60 degree weather. I am blessed with a super understanding and supportive husband (after he's chuckled at me for only having my nose sticking out). 

My husband has previously found me Hothands to use in the wintertime. They are little packets that create heat when exposed to oxygen. I pop them in my sweatshirt hoody in the morning and they are still warm ten hours later. I love them and they keep the Reynaud's issues away for the most part.

This year my honey found me something new to keep my hands warm outside! They are gloves/mittens that Hothands makes to allow a person to tuck a heat pack into and take them on the go. They have glove fingers with a mitten fitted around it to keep the Hothands in. And the pointer finger, of the gloves, are fitted with a touch sensitive pad to allow you continued access to your iPhone. Which will definitely come in handy for me as I have always had to choose between keeping my hands warm or taking pictures on my phone. Boom! Problem solved!! 

The gloves were very affordable and I am completely giddy about them!!!


*I was not compensated for these in any way, nor was I asked to write this by anyone. This is simply me writing about a great find that might help others with their circulatory issues. (Wish I could test out more of their products as I have loved them all so far!!! Ha ha ha!)

No comments: